…Where children are protected and empowered to soar! ™
Mission: To educate, empower and help kid-sized superheroes to discover and activate their superpower–courage– to prevent sexual abuse, bullying and illegal drug use.
Vision: To provide strategic support to children, pre-school through 12th grade, and adults through advocacy, literacy and empowerment.
Values: Advocacy, courage, education, empowerment and prevention
To achieve our mission and vision, Kids ’n Capes will:
- Host interactive read alouds (locally, virtually/nationally) featuring books in the Feisty Four Children’s Book Series
- Facilitate Courageous Conversations with Kandra™ for kids (11 and up) and adults
- Hear Me Now: A Conqueror's Voice™ – Theatrical production
- Darkness to Light Stewards of Children Sexual Abuse Prevention Training Sessions
- Garner local and nationwide support to help spread awareness of sexual abuse via public appearances, via web and social media and via the Kids ’n Capes mobile Courage Unit.
- Send “Courage Activate” packages to youth-serving organizations around the nation to share with children three and up.
- Provide books for “Little Free Libraries of America” and back to school drives.
Mission Possible: Buy one. Give one. Initiative in which copies of books in the Feisty Four Children’s Book Series will be donated to an organization of your choice. When you purchase a copy just let us know where you would like the complimentary copy to be mailed to. This can be donated to Little Free Libraries or to a courageous kid-sized hero. This exciting initiative takes place during National Family Literary Month in November. We will kick off this event Nov. 2018!
Become a Champion of Courage TODAY by attending the Courage Ambassador Academy in which courageous individuals will be trained using the two-hour Darkness to Light Sexual Abuse Prevention Training curriculum. In addition, Courage Ambassadors will also take part in a two-hour training in which they will be taught how to conduct interactive read alouds of all three books in the Feisty Four Children’s Book Series. This is a four-hour training that will be offered starting April 2018. Training includes: Lunch, an interactive workbook, two certificates of completion and a startup kit.