…Where children are protected and empowered to soar! ™
Mission: Kids’n Capes is a catalyst for donors, community members, and organizations to help prevent and raise awareness of sexual abuse, bullying and illegal drug use in children 18 and under through advocacy, education, literacy and intervention.
Vision: To eradicate childhood sexual abuse, bullying and illegal drug use.
Goals and Objectives: To strategically eradicate sexual abuse, bullying and illegal drug use in children.
Values: Advocacy, courage, education, empowerment and prevention
To achieve our mission and vision, Kids ’n Capes will:
- Host interactive read alouds (locally, virtually/nationally) featuring books in the Feisty Four Children’s Book Series
- Facilitate Courageous Conversations with Kandra™ for kids (11 and up) and adults
- Hear Me Now: A Conqueror's Voice™ – Theatrical production
- Darkness to Light Stewards of Children Sexual Abuse Prevention Training Sessions
- Garner local and nationwide support to help spread awareness of sexual abuse via public appearances, via web and social media and via the Kids ’n Capes mobile Courage Unit.
- Send “Courage Activate” packages to youth-serving organizations around the nation to share with children three and up.
- Provide books for “Little Free Libraries of America” and back to school drives.
Mission Possible: Buy one. Give one. Initiative in which copies of books in the Feisty Four Children’s Book Series will be donated to an organization of your choice. When you purchase a copy just let us know where you would like the complimentary copy to be mailed to. This can be donated to Little Free Libraries or to a courageous kid-sized hero. This exciting initiative takes place during National Family Literary Month in November. We will kick off this event Nov. 2018!
Become a Champion of Courage TODAY by attending the Courage Ambassador Academy in which courageous individuals will be trained using the two-hour Darkness to Light Sexual Abuse Prevention Training curriculum. In addition, Courage Ambassadors will also take part in a two-hour training in which they will be taught how to conduct interactive read alouds of all three books in the Feisty Four Children’s Book Series. This is a four-hour training that will be offered starting April 2018. Training includes: Lunch, an interactive workbook, two certificates of completion and a startup kit.